Do you have missing teeth? Are they preventing you from smiling? If you are unable to display your teeth in pictures because you are embarrassed about your toothless grin, you need to consult a dentist in Richmond about dental bridges. To make a bridge, a dentist takes two or more crowns to place them on both sides of the gap with a false tooth between them. You can ask your dentist to use a false tooth made of alloys, gold, porcelain, or a mixture of two materials.
The Benefits of Dental Bridges
Dental bridges can restore your smile, but that one is a given. Other benefits of choosing this option include:
• You will be able to chew and talk properly once again
• You will be able to maintain the structure of your face
• You will be able to allocate the forces in your bite by restoring the missing teeth correctly
• You will be able to prevent your remaining teeth from switching positions
The Types of Dental Bridges to Choose From
You can choose for the following three types of dental bridges:
1. Cantilever Dental Bridges– If you have teeth located next to the missing tooth; a dentist in Richmond will use this type of bridge. However, this procedure will not be used if you have missing teeth in the back of your mouth, as it will damage the surrounding teeth.
2. Traditional Dental Bridges– The dentist will create a crown for the tooth on both sides of the missing tooth and place a pontic between them. They are made using porcelain, ceramics, or metal.
3. Maryland Bonded Dental Bridges– They also go by the name of resin-bonded dental bridges and are made from porcelain, plastic, or metal. They are bonded to your current teeth and are put on both sides of the bridge.
The Process for a Dental Bridge
When you visit your dentist in Richmond for the first time, he/she will prepare the abutment teeth. The dentist will re-contour the teeth by removing a part of the enamel to allow space to place the crown. Next, the dentist will take impressions of the teeth, using them as a basis to model the pontic, crown, and bridge after, which are made in a dental lab. While the bridge is in the process of being made, the dentist will make you wear a temporary bridge to protect your exposed teeth and gums.
In your next visit, the dentist will remove your temporary bridge, replacing it with the metal or porcelain bridge and adjusting it until it fits perfectly. After that, you will be required to visit your dentist in Richmond to ensure the metal framework fits perfectly.
If you want to be able to smile again without having to worry constantly about the appearance of your teeth, you need to visit Mission Bend Family Dentistry. We will help you get your smile back and make you confident enough not to hide it anymore but proudly display it.